Friday, February 13, 2015

Thermos Leak-Proof Travel Mug

Thermos Leak-Proof Travel Mug

Taking a road trip is a lot of fun. But I like to have my hot coffee along on the ride, to keep me alert. Every travel mug I've owned has been a big disappointment in one way or another. Most of them did not keep the beverage hot or cold long enough and few of them were leak-proof. Many mugs proclaim they do these things, but I've never had one that actually accomplished it, until a recent road trip to visit relatives in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Before leaving I looked online to find a thermal travel mug, hoping I could find one that at least kept the beverage inside it at the proper temperature. While browsing through the products available on Amazon, I came across so many different mugs it became confusing, and some of them I already had and they didn't do the job. Finally, my attention was drawn to a tall, stately looking Thermos brand, leak-proof travel mug. I checked out the recommendations other customers gave and they sounded very positive. Yeah, sure I thought! But something kept drawing me back to that particular cup and finally I decided I'd order two of them, and check them out before our trip.

I ordered one red ,for me, (my favorite color) and one blue, for my partner and we decided to check them out locally to see how well they performed. On a trip around town for various errands including a doctor's appointment, we filled them with ice water, closed the top and were gone for about four hours with the cup sitting in the car a good deal of that time. We were pleasantly surprised when we learned at the end of our jaunt that the ice water was still icy and no, we did not put ice cubes in it. Now we had another test for it, and we deliberately turned the mug over and left it lay on the floorboard of the car when we parked in the driveway. Six hours later we opened the door of the car to....a DRY floorboard. Considering this a successful test, though not a completely definitive one, we took the mugs on our road trip.

SUCCESS! We kept coffee hot for hours in these mugs, we kept ice water icy for hours, and not once, did a drop ever spill out of them, even if they got turned over, as long as we remembered to close it after drinking. Here's how it works: the cap of the cup screws snugly into the bottom and there is a toggle on top to open or close the mug. Another advantage of this cup is that it has a handle and the toggle works for right or left handed people, depending on which way you turn it. The mug is a stainless steel, double wall, vacuum insulated cup, built with the same quality as the large Thermos brand thermal bottles.Thermos brand has been the standard of excellence for carrying hot or cold foods without difficulty for many years. Here are more Thermos products you may like.

Thermos Stainless King 40-Ounce Beverage Bottle, Cranberry
  Buy Now
Going to be gone for a while and need to carry lots of water or coffee along with you? This 40-ouncer will do the job for you.


Ss Tea Tumbler With Infuser
Ss Tea Tumbler With Infuser
  Buy Now
If you prefer tea, this is the thing for you! It comes with an infuser and will keep your tea hot or cold.


Thermos Brand ~ Tumbler & Food Jar - 2 Piece Set
Thermos Brand ~ Tumbler & Food Jar - 2 Piece Set
  Buy Now
If you want to take food from home for lunch at work, and keep it HOT OR COLD, this version is for you.


The Point Is Thermos Quality

Nobody does temperature control like Thermos products. These Thermos travel mugs are quality made, double walled stainless steel. If you take care of them they will last forever and perform just as well years from now as they did when brand new.